Learning is a process; it never ends.
Such is the approach for Venice Theatre’s education programs. We offer a “no shortcuts,” high-quality theatre training program with top-notch, caring instructors. We also offer classes, camps and workshops that are fun for all involved.
Graduates of our program are currently working in the theatre field as professional actors and technicians. And they’re studying across the U.S. in prestigious theatre programs. Our graduates are also teachers, medical students, and emerging writers. All of them one will tell you that their theatre training–the problem-solving, the collaboration, the public presence–helped them grow in their careers. Each one will tell you that Venice Theatre classes and camps afforded them some of the most fun they’ve ever had.
Whatever career young people pursue as adults, they will be more successful as a result of our arts education programs. They will be more creative, more disciplined, more conscientious…and more fun to be around.
We are also so proud of our adult students who keep pursuing new opportunities. They truly understand that learning never ends.
Murray Chase, Producing Executive Director
Sandy Davisson, Director of Education & Outreach
Keeping the health and safety of our students and community foremost in our decision making, Venice Theatre has canceled all but one in-person class for Summer 2020. This is a lecture-based class for adults that will allow for proper physical distancing and other health and safety protocols.
We do have a variety of online classes available for students of all ages!
July classes are starting soon. Register now!
Creating your vocal audition book is important so you are ready for anything at any time! Or if you want to have some fun and get some songs ready for Karaoke! In this class VT’s own Michelle Kasanofsky will go through your book, find out what you are missing, what style is best for you, and help you to fill in the holes. Classes will include some one-on-one time with Michelle for individual work.
Help your character be more dynamic! This scene study class will help you discover the hidden treasures in the script that illuminate and embolden your acting choices. Explore your character’s intention, the emotion behind the words, and the power of variety. Memorization may be required.
From vaudeville to current day, this class will take a look at the challenges, limitations, and changes made in the American musical. Discussion, video clips, and more will highlight the transformation from an all-caucasian plot and character-driven production, to the acceptance and inclusion of people of color, their stories and their lives.
Registration is OPEN for July!
DUE TO COVID-19, ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
For all classes
- Click “read more” for details.
- Questions? Please email KellyDuyn@venicetheatre.net. If you don’t have email, call 941-486-8679 and leave a message. Someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- If you want to be put on a waitlist for a class that is full, please contact Kelly Duyn at KellyDuyn@VeniceTheatre.net or call 941-486-8679.
For online classes
- You will need access to a good internet connection and a device (computer or tablet) that can run the “Zoom” application. You will not need to join “Zoom” or give your personal info, you simply click a link the teacher gives you to download the app and join the class. There is no cost to use the app.
- Please register a minimum of two days prior to the class start date.
- The first class may last an additional 20 minutes to answer any questions about technical aspects.
For Murray Chase’s in-person class
- We are currently accepting a non-refundable $50 deposit to hold your place in class. The deposit will be returned only if the class is canceled.
- For the safety of our students and community, students will be expected to follow Venice Theatre class protocols, which will include wearing masks and physical distancing. VT will adjust as the situation demands.
- In order to attend this Saturday class, you must be registered and confirmed with the office the Thursday before.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for qualified applicants.
- Due to COVID-19, processing and granting of scholarships may be delayed.
- Scholarships may not be available for all classes.
- For further information, please email email@example.com. If you don’t have email, call 941-486-8679 and leave a message. Someone will return your call as soon as possible.
- How to apply for a scholarship.