NOTE: Keeping the health and safety of our students and community foremost in our decision making, we could make changes to the program if the pandemic worsens.More about Young Frankenstein
- Must be going into grade 9 in the fall of 2021.
- Please send a YouTube link of a one-minute monologue and 16-32 bars of a song that is in the Broadway or contemporary musical theatre genre to BradWages@VeniceTheatre.
- Callbacks, at present, are planned to be in person the week of April 26, 2021. If you cannot attend callbacks, you will be sent a cutting from the script and/or a song. You will need to record the piece and email it to Brad.
- Those who participate in callbacks and those who are cast in the show will be required to follow all Covid-19 protocols in place at Venice Theatre.
- Students who are unable to submit an audition video or who would like more information are invited to contact Brad Wages at 941-484-4033, ext. 224 or BradWages@VeniceTheatre.net.
PERFORMANCE DATES: July 8-11 and 14-17, 2021. There will be some double performance days.
REHEARSALS: 7-10 p.m. M-F from May 17-June 12. Starting June 14 – opening night, rehearsals will be 2-9 p.m. (SUJECT TO CHANGE)
ABOUT SUMMERSTOCK: VT SummerStock is a high-energy musical theatre “boot camp” geared to high school and college students planning to move into the world of professional theatre. If you want training by professionals to professional standards, SummerStock is for you!
Questions about the program? Contact Sandy Davisson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An award-winning actor, director and choreographer, Brad’s work has been seen across the United States and Canada. He holds a B.F.A. from the University of Oklahoma and served as assistant director to Broadway directors Fran Soeder and Joe Layton. He has been seen in a number of national theatre tours and national commercials. He is thrilled to call Venice Theatre “home” and to have the privilege of guiding the next generation of young actors to the stage.
A New Jersey native, Peter has been a Music Director and Vocal Coach since 1991. He is the Organist/Choirmaster at St. Marks Episcopal Church in Venice, and created the St. John’s UMC Community Playhouse , Hazlet, NJ in 2005. He has served on the faculty of the Count Basie theatre, Redbank, NJ. He recently he became the Artistic Director for The Venice Chorale in Venice.