One person’s junk is another one’s treasure! This original musical comedy about a breakup, a yard sale and … a mermaid caught our attention when it won awards at a recent national festival. Trust us, this show is as funny as its title!
Performance Dates: FEB 7 – MAR 8, 2020
- Karissa: Late 20s/early 30s; a sexy nerd or a nerdy, hot girl; insecurely strong or strongly inecure; very OCD.
- The Mermaid: Karissa’s inner voice; a little girl’s dream of the most beautiful, whimsical, and powerful siren of the sea.
- Jann: One of the pair of ladies you always see at a yard sale; blunt, crass, and hateful, but that’s why you love her.
- Jean: The other lady in the pair you always see at a yard sale; a kinder, gentler Jann; actually has manners and feelings.
- Joe: A professional junker; loves the “game” of yard sales; very direct.
- Dwight: Karissa’s ex-boyfriend; a man-boy; doesn’t want to grow up, not much ambition, coasts through life.
- Crystal: Dwight’s new girlfriend; a hairstylist; a total free spirit, loves life and adventures, does not like to waste her time thinking too much.
- The Extra: The recurring buyer at the yard sale; “wears 20 costumes with not one line to say.”