Box Office Information
Seats are non-refundable.
There are currently only two ways to purchase: online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. No matter how you purchase, there are no additional fees.
We do not hold seats without payment.
We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. When purchasing you will be asked for your credit or debit card information.
PLEASE NOTE: When entering your credit card number, do not use dashes or spaces.
We do not store your card information unless you ask us to. If you would like us to keep a card on file, our software uses a technical process called tokenization. That means the software does not store your actual credit card numbers: it stores a non-identifiable set of electronic digits (a “passcode” or “token”) that grants access to a secure encrypted version of the credit card info.
There are many benefits to becoming a subscriber:
- Guaranteed seats for each show
- First priority in seat selection
- Savings of up to 37% off single ticket prices
- Guaranteed renewal of seats year after year
- Early access to high-demand concerts and special events
We are currently practicing physically distanced seating. Our Jervey Theatre will be at 25-30% capacity. The Pinkerton Theatre is not yet open. You will see the modified seating chart when purchasing seats.
We have two stages
- The Jervey Theatre (432-seat main stage)
- The Yvonne Pinkerton Theatre (90-seat black box).
Both stages are located in the same building, but they have different types of seating.
Seating in The Jervey Theatre
The Jervey Theatre is our larger theatre. It seats 432 people.
The floor level has 13 rows. There is also a 3-row balcony. This may sound big, but all of the seats are still within 50 feet of the stage.
When you purchase seats for a production appearing in The Jervey Theatre, you choose your seats at the time of purchase.
Notes on handicapped-accessible seating:
- F13 and F15 are reserved for wheelchairs.
- Seats B1, B3, B2, B4, AA101, AA102, AA127 and AA128 can be removed for standard-sized wheelchair accessibility. Please call ahead of time to notify the Box Office if you need this service.
- Seats D11, D12, N1 and N2 are wheelchair transferable.
Seating in The Pinkerton Theatre
The Yvonne Pinkerton Theatre is our smaller theatre. It seats 90 people.
The Pinkerton is a black box theatre. The seating arrangement changes according to the set design of each production.
Seating in The Pinkerton Theatre is therefore general admission. In other words, seating is first-come-first-serve.
Lobby doors open one hour before the performance time. Doors to the theatre itself open for seating 30 minutes before the performance time.
To reserve handicapped-accessible seating in The Pinkerton, please contact the box office.
During the first phases of reopening after the COVID-19 closure, we will use reservations, but no tickets. All seats will be reserved. Your name and seats will be on a door list. Each party will be ushered directly to seats after entry. We reserve the right to move your seats if necessary for safety purposes.
Seats are nonrefundable.
Venice Theatre’s Policy does not provide for refunds.
You may exchange your seats for another performance of the same production for a $2.00 exchange fee per seat. Typically, exchanges must be made 48 hours prior to the performance time, but during our first phase of reopening after the COVID-19 shutdown, you do not need to give advance notice if you are experiencing symptoms.
Check the fine print!
We often have coupons in different publications such as the Entertainment Book and Sarasota Magazine Arts Book. All of these buy-one-get-one coupons apply to Venice Theatre in-house productions only. Coupons are not accepted for concerts or special events.
The coupons do have black-out dates when they cannot be used. These dates apply to the date of the performance—not the date of your purchase. Please check your coupon carefully for these dates.
The perfect gift option!
Gift certificates allow the recipient to book any show at Venice Theatre—plus, they do not expire!
Gift certificates are available for purchase at the box office, by phone, or online by clicking below.
To our non-profit partners:
Thank you for your interest in receiving a donation of tickets. Please note that we only accept donation requests that meet the following guidelines:
- The requesting organization must be in Venice or an adjacent city.
- The requesting organization must be a registered 501 (c)(3).
- The donation request must be submitted on the organization’s letterhead and include the 501 (c)(3) tax identification number as well as a description, date and location of the event.
- Requests must be submitted before December 18, 2020 for tickets in our 2020-2021 Season. We are no longer accepting requests for our 2019-2020 Season.
- Please provide address, contact name, phone number, and email address in your request.
To Submit a Request:
Please submit your request by email to:
Box Office Manager
with “Ticket Donation Request” in the subject line
Please note: We receive a very large number of requests each month and it is not possible for us to contribute to all events and organizations, as we are also a nonprofit. If your donation request is approved, we will contact you using the information provided in your email.