Box Office Information
There are three ways to purchase tickets: in person, by phone, and online.
We do not hold tickets without payment.
We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. When purchasing over the phone or online, we will ask you for your credit or debit card information.
PLEASE NOTE: When entering your credit card number, do not use dashes or spaces.
We do not store your card information unless you ask us to. If you would like us to keep a card on file, our ticketing software uses a technical process called tokenization. That means the software does not store your actual credit card numbers: it stores a non-identifiable set of electronic digits (a “passcode” or “token”) that grants access to a secure encrypted version of the credit card info.
We have simplified our ticket pricing. No matter how you purchase, there are no additional fees.
We do not mail tickets. Tickets purchased online or by phone will be held at the box office for pickup at your earliest convenience.
The lobby and box office open one hour prior to all performances so you may pick up your tickets on the day of the show.
There are many benefits to becoming a subscriber:
- Guaranteed seats for each show
- First priority in seat selection
- Savings of up to 37% off single ticket prices
- Guaranteed renewal of seats year after year
- Early access to high-demand concerts and special events
Tickets are nonrefundable. Venice Theatre’s Ticket Policy does not provide for refunds.
You may exchange your tickets for another performance of the same production for a $2.00 exchange fee per ticket. Exchanges must be made 48 hours prior to the performance time on the tickets.
We often have coupons in different publications such as the Entertainment Book and Sarasota Magazine Arts Book. All of these buy-one-get-one coupons apply to Venice Theatre in-house productions only. Coupons are not accepted for concerts or special events.
The coupons do have black-out dates when they cannot be used. These dates apply to the date of the performance—not the date of your purchase. Please check your coupon carefully for these dates.
Gift certificates are the perfect gift option. Gift certificates allow the recipient to book any show at Venice Theatre—plus, they do not expire!
Like regular tickets, gift certificates are available for purchase at the box office, by phone, or online.
We have two stages: MainStage and The Yvonne Pinkerton Theatre (The Pinkerton).
Both stages are located in the same building, but they have different types of seating.
Seating in MainStage
MainStage is our larger theatre. It seats 432 people.
The floor level has 13 rows. There is also a 3-row balcony. This may sound big, but all of the seats are still within 50 feet of the stage.
When you purchase tickets for a production appearing on MainStage, you choose your seats at the time of purchase.
Notes on handicapped-accessible seating:
- F13 and F15 are reserved for wheelchairs.
- Seats B1, B3, B2, B4, AA101, AA102, AA127 and AA128 can be removed for standard-sized wheelchair accessibility. Please call ahead of time to notify the Box Office if you need this service.
- Seats D11, D12, N1 and N2 are wheelchair transferable.
Seating in The Pinkerton
The Pinkerton is our smaller theatre. It seats 90 people.
The Pinkerton is a black box theatre. The seating arrangement changes according to the set design of each production.
Seating in The Pinkerton Theatre is therefore general admission. In other words, seating is first-come-first-serve.
Lobby doors open one hour before the performance time. Doors to the theatre itself open for seating 30 minutes before the performance time.
To reserve handicapped-accessible seating in The Pinkerton, please contact the box office.
Show Your Ticket and Save
Visit any of these restaurants, purchase an entrèe, and present your VENICE THEATRE ticket stub within 7 days before or after the performance to receive a special thank you from the restaurant. Please check with your server for full details.
- ABBY’s on Miami – 220 Miami Ave W – 941-484-5187
- Bogey’s Sports Pub – 652 Venice Ave E – 941-488-9156
- Café Venice – 101 Venice Ave W – 941-484-1855
- Cassariano – 313 Venice Ave W – 941-786-1000
- Côté France Bistro – 218 Tampa Ave W – 941-220-7189
- Daiquiri Deck – 300 Venice Ave W – 941-488-0649
- Dockside Waterfront Grill – 509 N Taimiami Trl – 941-218-6418
- Flynn’s – 133 Venice Ave W – 941-488-2200
- Gold Rush BBQ – 661 S Tamiami Trl – 941-483-3137
- Left Coast Seafood Co. – 385 US41 Bypass – 941-485-5064
- Luna Ristorante – 200 St. Augustine St – 941-412-9898
- Ristorante San Marco – 305-B Venice Ave W – 941-254-6565
Late Night Happy Hour Specials
- Devine’s Wine Bar – 101 Venice Ave W Ste 26 – 941-480-0663
- Made in Italy – 117 Venice Ave W – 941-488-8282