Making a dramatic impact on all stages of life.
Statement of Purpose
We exist to celebrate and nurture creative expression, to foster human communication and understanding, and to delight and challenge our audiences through theatre and the performing arts of the highest quality.
- Produce outstanding shows and strive for excellence in every performance
- Provide hands-on learning experiences in all aspects of theatre for children, adults and seniors
- Celebrate the achievements of volunteers and staff
- Provide value for our supporters
- Join with other community theatres in the state, region, and nation for mutual assistance and celebration.
Venice Theatre will be a leader in community theatre as evidenced by:
- Consistently sold-out performances
- Annual growth in contributed dollars
- Financial stability: we end each year in the black and have a growing endowment
- A passionately-committed Board of Directors which has vision and a can-do attitude and which annually sets goals, objectives and evaluates the effectiveness of its work
- Volunteers and students of all ages who are eager, happy, and growing in skills and numbers
- Eager, talented staff who seek growth opportunities in all phases of their work, and who nurture each other and our volunteers and students
- Facilities that provide comfortable, accessible, and safe housing for all our activities
- Technology that facilitates our creativity in production and accountability in management
- An excellent reputation locally, regionally and nationally for the quality of our work.
Our core values include a commitment to integrity, inclusiveness, fairness, excellence, accessibility, accountability, and growth.