Travel to Victorian London for our original musical adaptation of Dickens’ classic story where you’ll meet Ebenezer Scrooge (played by Brad Wages) as he reflects on his past, present, and possible future. Take a look behind the scenes at rehearsals! [embed]https://youtu.be/ZkMQJnY2YS0[/embed]
All of our season productions are ON SALE NOW!
(Concerts to be announced soon!)
PLEASE REVIEW THESE UPDATES BEFORE PURCHASING:
- Our MainStage Jervey Theatre was severely damaged by Hurricane Ian. It is being rebuilt and will reopen in late 2023 or early 2024.
- The Raymond Center, located directly behind the main building, is being used as a 124-seat temporary performance space and is open now!
- Our 90-seat black box Pinkerton Theatre in the main building is being repaired and will reopen in January 2023.
- Concerts will be held at other local venues, schedule to be announced.
- Kinky Boots has been moved to the 2023-24 Season and will be performed Jan. 12 – Feb. 11, 2024. Tickets will be available in July 2023.
- We encourage you to buy online. The box office is not open for walk-up business at this time.
- If you have a gift certificate or voucher you would like to use to make your purchase, are having difficulty buying online, or have questions, please contact our box office at 941.488.1115 or Info@VeniceTheatre.net.
A night of hilarity starring Allie Hunter, Ava Dillhyon, Avery Vance, Delaney Lockwood, Ella Piotrowski, Evie Hunter, Gianna Weerasooriya, Hannah Randi, Haylee Fadley, Katelin Lane, Michael Snyder, Nikolas Messer, and Riley Vance! Thanks to Troll Music at 628 Venice Ave. for hosting the show!
A tapestry of songs that will make the earth move under your feet! If you’re down and troubled, inject your soul with some sweet rock 'n' roll and brighten up even your darkest night. Join us for Up On the Roof where a group of singers retreat to be alone with their thoughts, only to discover solace, celebration and friendship with each other.
A funny, sweet-tempered, moving romantic comedy about three Jewish widows who meet once a month for tea before going to visit their husbands’ graves. The Broadway production was so popular that it was made into a film starring Ellen Burstyn, Dianne Ladd, and Olympia Dukakis.
The story of one woman’s efforts to get her daughters into show business. Featuring musical theatre standards like “Some People,” “Let Me Entertain You,” and the show-stopping “Everything’s Coming Up Roses,” GYPSY helped launch Stephen Sondheim’s career and earned Rose a place in the theatrical canon as the quintessential Stage Mother.
A lively afternoon of song and dance with 100% of the proceeds going to help rebuild Venice Theatre. Singers from Players Centre and Venice Theatre, along with the Showtime Dancers and Silver Foxes Dancers, will delight and entertain. Get your tickets early as this show will sell out!
What's a nice Greek Muse from heaven doing in 1980's Venice (California)? Romantic roller-skating! Yes, it's the cult hit musical Xanadu. This hilarious spoof of the Olivia Newton-John movie goes nostalgic on big hair, shoulder pads, leg warmers, ruthless business, and music from the Electric Light Orchestra.
This professionally-directed volunteer troupe has been bringing entertainment to the area for over 25 years. Each Spring they bring a full-scale production to our audiences, led by their beloved director, Brad Wages.
A Double Bill from Playwright Ellen Byron. One ticket, two short plays! The place is the front entrance of Graceland, the late Elvis Presley's Memphis mansion, three days before the estate is to be opened to the public.
Elizabethan Theatre like you’ve never seen! Three female charismatic comics play all 37 of Shakespeare’s plays in just over ninety whirlwind minutes of hilarious condensation. Physical, witty, and shamelessly outrageous, it’s a cascade of joyful hijinks for those who love Shakespeare and those who don’t. Be warned - you might laugh so hard, it’ll hurt.