What's a nice Greek Muse from heaven doing in 1980's Venice (California)? Romantic roller-skating! Yes, it's the cult hit musical Xanadu. This hilarious spoof of the Olivia Newton-John movie goes nostalgic on big hair, shoulder pads, leg warmers, ruthless business, and music from the Electric Light Orchestra.
All events are ON SALE NOW!
PLEASE REVIEW THESE UPDATES BEFORE PURCHASING:
- Our MainStage Jervey Theatre was severely damaged by Hurricane Ian. It is being rebuilt and will reopen in 2024.
- The Raymond Center, located directly behind the main building at the north end of the parking lot, is being used as a temporary performance space.
- Our black box Pinkerton Theatre in the main building is now open!
- Concerts are being held at the Venice Community Center, the Venice Performing Arts Center (VPAC) and Pine View School.
- Kinky Boots has been moved to the 2023-24 Season.
- If you have a gift certificate or voucher you would like to use to make your purchase, are having difficulty buying online, or have questions, please contact our box office at 941.488.1115 or Info@VeniceTheatre.net.
The Silver Foxes present
MAR 28 - APR 2
The Foxes are back this year and ready to showcase their new songs, skits and tap dances! It’s curtain up as "Bodacious Broadway" brings together all the elements of frolic, fun, and footwork the Foxes are known for as they act out some crazy skits and sing and dance to songs from "Annie," "Kiss Me Kate," "The Greatest Showman," "The Wiz" and so many more.
The Brothers Doobie
APR 18 at 7:30 pm
There’s no one in the industry today that can recreate the sound and style of the world-famous Doobie Brothers like “The Brothers Doobie.” Inspired by the Brothers' superior song writing, The Brothers Doobie delivers powerful harmonies and a fun-filled high-energy performance covering a catalog of hits spanning both the Johnston and McDonald eras.
"Graceland" is a poignant, sometimes humorous, story about Rootie and Bev, two ardent Elvis Presley fans, who camp out at the entrance of his Graceland mansion prior to its opening as a public museum. The women vie to be the first to step into the sacred space for compelling personal reasons. Who will get the honor? The resolution is a triumph of human compassion. "Asleep on the Wind" is a heart-melting preamble to "Graceland." Rootie, ten years earlier, is with her favorite brother Beau in their “special place” that Rootie speaks about in "Graceland." Beau shares life-changing news that informs why Rootie must go to Graceland a decade later.
50 Years After:
A Tribute to the Woodstock Generation
APR 30 at 7:30 pm
Featuring South Dakota Rock and Roll Hall of Fame artists Uncle Zeek. With music by Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and more!
Elizabethan Theatre like you’ve never seen! Three female charismatic comics play all 37 of Shakespeare’s plays in just over ninety whirlwind minutes of hilarious condensation. Physical, witty, and shamelessly outrageous, it’s a cascade of joyful hijinks for those who love Shakespeare and those who don’t. Be warned - you might laugh so hard, it’ll hurt.
A one ana two ana three… The theme of this year's show is Memories of the Lawrence Welk Show!