Princess Winnifred is an awkward, brash girl competing for the hand of Prince Dauntless, whose domineering queen mother has declared he must marry a “true” princess before anyone else in the kingdom can marry.
Training by professionals to professional standards
VT SummerStock is a high-energy musical theatre “boot camp.” It is geared to high school and college students planning to move into the professional world of theatre. Students are trained by professionals to professional standards. Company members are immersed in all areas of theatre, working to develop and strengthen their performance and technical skills. As part of the experience, they participate in technical and other educational workshops.
Venice Theatre has a responsibility to expose students to the kind of material they will face on the professional stage. In SummerStock we fulfill our mandate as educators to help our students transition from high school to college and beyond. At the end of their training, the students entertain the community with a classic musical.
Acceptance to this tuition-based program is by audition. Scholarships may be available to qualified applicants.
Congrats to all who have been cast in SummerStock 2021: Young Frankenstein
To register for SummerStock, please complete the following 3 steps by the MAY 15 DEADLINE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
STEP 1: Read
- Important Information
- SummerStock Code of Conduct
- Venice Theatre House Rules
(These items are in one document.)
STEP 2: Click the two items below and Read, Download, Print, Sign and Return them to your Stage Manager, Lisa Million, at your FIRST rehearsal
STEP 3: REGISTER!
- Sandy Davisson will email you a link to register.
- You must register and pay by the MAY 15 DEADLINE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
If you are applying for a scholarship
- Limited scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Deadline to apply for scholarships is MAY 13. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Your scholarship must be approved BEFORE you register.
- You will receive a code to use for when you register.
- You will only need to pay the $50 deposit.
- Go to Scholarship Page
Contact Sandy Davisson, Director of Education and Outreach at 941-484-4033, x 224 or email@example.com.