Enter Stage Right … PINKY’S PLAYERS!
Pinky’s Players is an Outreach program at Venice Theatre that gives adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities a chance to experience the delight of performing. Open Auditions are Nov. 13 for students who are not in this fall’s Dynamic Drama classes. See the audition tab for more audition information. The group will begin rehearsals in January and perform on the Jervey MainStage in early May.
The program is part of the legacy of Yvonne Pinkerton. Yvonne was also one of the co-founders, along with Jean Trammell, of the Education Department. Yvonne was an educator from an early age. Her commitment to spreading the joy of learning was part of who she was. If it weren’t for Yvonne there might not be an Education Department at Venice Theatre.
Becky Holahan is the director of the program. She has been the instructor for VT’s Dynamic Drama classes for several years. Much like Yvonne, Becky has an uncanny ability to give her students what they need…whether it be a word of encouragement or a time out! Humbled to continue Yvonne’s work, Becky says of her mentor, “Pinky was a seed planter. Because of her love and belief in every human being, her vision (25 years ago) was planted and became a brilliant full bloom. And like a plant that matures and dies, its seeds take root and begin to grow into another new life. Pinky’s seeds are growing again.”
For more information contact Sandy Davisson, Director of Education at Venice Theatre:
Auditions for Pinky’s Players are NOV 13 at 2:30 p.m.
- Students who are in the Monday and Thursday Dynamic Drama classes do not need to be at the open auditions. Auditions for current students will be held during the last two classes.
- If you have been a student at VT before, but are not in the Monday or Thursday Dynamic Drama classes this fall, you will need to come to open auditions to be considered for casting.
- Parking is in the rear of the building.
- Those auditioning will enter through the backstage door.
- There will be someone there to give any assistance needed.
AT THE AUDITION
- Do something you feel you are good at!
- Example: A song, dance, poem, jokes, magic, mime, a musical instrument, monologue, etc.
- If it is a song, bring sheet music.
- If it is a dance, bring a cd or your own electronic device to play through bluetooth.
AFTER THE AUDITION
- Those who are cast will need to enroll in one of the spring Dynamic Drama classes on Mondays from 5 to 6:30 p.m. or Thursdays from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuition will help cover the expenses for the show. Some additional Saturday afternoons may be scheduled as it gets closer to opening night.
- Those who are cast will also need to be available for daytime technical rehearsals on April 21, 26-30, May 3-4, 2022 and evening performances on either May 3 and/or 4, 2022
- Please click the button to see VT’s House Rules (Includes current Covid-19 Protocols which require masks for all students, instructors and program staff.)
Instructor. Director. Choreographer.
Becky is the director of Venice Theatre’s annual Loveland show, an actor and a choreographer. She taught Creative Dramatics for many years at VT and has been teaching dance for decades. She is also a NIA fitness instructor.